The Little Rug Shop is dedicated to bringing you the most affordable rugs online, we stock a huge variety of rugs from Traditional to Retro and Modern to Shaggy style rugs, whatever you are looking for we are sure that our new online rug shop will have the right rug for you. Our rugs are shipped in from Belgium, India, Turkey and China just to name a few and are made from the highest quality. Because we buy our rugs in bulk we are able to offer you these rugs at fantastically affordable prices to suit any budget, we currently stock nearly 3000 rugs and are adding more day by so have a browse through our site and if you have any questions then feel free to ask.
Choose your style of rug …
… or choose your colour of rug
Choosing a Rug
There are a wide variety of rugs available in the market which differ in size, shape, texture, color and price. Choosing the best rug requires a balance between personal satisfaction and considering what the room actually requires. Here are some important factors that should be considered before buying a rug for your home.
1. The first and foremost thing that you need to consider is your budget. The budget should be based on how you are using the rug and how much attention it would get. This will help you to buy the best suited rug for your your home’s interior. The prices of the rugs mainly vary according to their shape, size and texture. So the consideration of your budget should be your first priority.
2. The very next thing that you should keep in mind is the material with which it is made of. Choosing the best material requires some understanding about them. Woollen rugs are expensive and have higher crush-resisting ability. So this could be an ideal option for those who want to choose a rug which offers beauty with longevity and durability. But woollen carpets cannot resist stains. That is why proper maintenance is required for these rugs. Nylon rugs on the other hand are less expensive and they can resist stain. It can be cleaned easily. Moreover the nylon rugs offer built-in static control and comes with a super crush resistant technique. The nylon rugs are one of the most popular rugs available in the market.
3. Another very important thing which is to be kept in mind while buying a proper rug for your home is, the kind of purpose it is to be bought for. Whether it is to be used in the dining room or in the living room or in the bedroom or in the playroom of the children, all of these is needed to be kept in mind while buying a proper and suitable rug for your home. The rugs used for decorating the playroom should be comfortable and cozy so that the children wont get hurt accidentally. The rugs used for the dining room should resist stains and should be made up of easily cleanable materials, while the rugs used for living rooms should be soft, spongy and delicate.
4. If you are a fan of antiques then you may also go for a rug which is crafted to give your room an unique appearence. For that you may collect your antique rugs which you may find in some specialty rug stores. You should also check the condition of these antique rugs before you buy them.
5. Another thing which you should check before buying a rug for your beautiful home is the craftsmanship of the rug. Check whether the rug you are buying is hand knotted, machine made or flat-wooven.
So it is all-important to consider all these above factors before you go for buying a rug for your wonderful house.
Using Rugs Effectively
Rugs have patterns and colors which are very crucial. In case you are beginning with a room that is empty, the colors found in your rug’s pattern are ideal to use all over the space. In case the rug is monotone, it is essential to use the colors that contrast all over the space.
You should try getting many samples of the rug’s pattern and also test them in your room before going out to buy one. Leave with them for some days as you look on them every day with fresh eyes before making your decision. This is because you may fall in love with something at the shop and yet you discover later that it is actually not the best.
Rugs should be cleaned by use of a proven and innovative technique. Instead of using a method that is based on soap, it is good to use a combination of emulsifier and a water that is extra hot. Hot water kills all the bacteria while as the powerful vacuums are used in removing particles in the rugs. Furthermore, the process utilizes very less water thus any damage as a result of water is omitted completely. The rug also dries absolutely very quickly.
Why A Rug Is Essential For Home Improvement
Pay special attention to the types of rugs that you choose as it can set the overall tone of your home. They should complement the colours, theme and style of your home decor. For example, you can pair a red furry rug with a living room that has a white theme to add life and color to it. It also helps to create a contemporary look for your home. The size should also be taken into consideration when selecting a rug. Putting a huge rug in a small room would be too overwhelming for the home decor.
Rugs are actually one of the most versatile home improvement items. They come in all sorts of sizes, textures, colours and materials. They can also be placed on the floors, walls or even the railings of your home. Rugs can also act as a floor protection for your flooring, especially floorings like hardwood which are more vulnerable to scratches and knocks. If you have kids in the houses, putting rugs on the floor also makes the home more kid-friendly. You do not have to worry about your kids knocking their heads on the hard flooring. Rugs are a luxurious yet practical home improvement item to have. Other than beautifying and improving your home, it can also act as a sound insulator and reduce noise levels.
While rugs are an essential decoration for home improvement, one thing to note when purchasing rugs is to check whether it is washable and its ease of maintenance. Rugs would require cleaning and maintenance for it to serve its aesthetic function in the home. If they are not maintained in the proper manner, rugs can become a breeding ground for bacteria and moulds. This would result in an unhygienic and dirty environment for your home. Regular maintenance will also extend the life of your rug and keep it looking good. Therefore the maintenance of your rugs is as important as the selection of the color and size.
There are so many benefits to using rugs as your practical and versatile tool for home improvement. They are also cheaper than fitted carpets. With the wide range of colors and patterns, you can change the look of your home easily. So you are looking into improving your home, rugs are definitely an essential component that you have to think about. Put in some thought to what type of rug is suitable for your home, something that will reflect your personal uniqueness and personality. The right type of rugs are bound to create a nice, cosy and inviting atmosphere for your family, friends and guests.
- Boys Rock Retro Funky Rugs From: £34.99 Select
- Kids Digger Dumper Truck Rugs £28.99 Add to cart
- Boys Red Classic Car kids Rug 60cm x 130cm £28.99 Add to cart